Okay, so some of my opening lines.
* When I was a girl and my world broke, I thought I would always divide my life by that night in the mountains - the day before, the day after.
* There were only two questions that governed Amais's existence.
* "One. Already. And he was Anghara's."
* It was raining in Roisinan.
* "You smell angry," Aunt Zoe said as she walked through the door
* The first hint of serious trouble came, as trouble always does, unlooked for, stealthily, catching everyone by surprise.
* There lived once in a land far away to the East, so far that it sat right under the sun when it rose every morning, a great king.
* The air smelled odd.