- wrote the next essay for StorytellersUnplugged, due to go live on the 30th, and it's up and queued at the site. Keep an eye out in a few days.
- figured out a sticky plot point in New Novel - which meant going back a little way and rewriting a small section of the current chapter, but it'll be the better for it. It wasn't working before, is now. It meant killing a darling. Oh well. That's the writing life.
- got mail (more bills).
- off to feed a friend's cat in a little while, which cat I am catsitting while said friend is away for a few days gallivanting.
- my chipmunk is back, right outside my back door, being cheeky and faster-than-lightning, racing up and down the patio, pouncing on spilled seed and nibbling on it in a most endearing fashion. He is so CUTE. The cats think he is the Devil.
- the leaves are starting to turn; the sun is still out. One of my favourite times of year, this - the still and quiet autumn days with the chill in the air in the morning and the evening and a layer of left-over summer warmth still lying over it all, not hot enough to be obnoxious, warm enough to be pleasant. And the touch of gold in the maples just makes my heart happy.
Off to do few more chores before I go feed the cat. Y'all enjoy your day.