1. Do you have a real or fake Christmas tree?
Real. Fake trees just don't SMELL right, Not even with the fake "real tree" smell sprays they have these days.
2. Do you put up Christmas lights on the exterior of your home?
Yup. The weekend after Thanksgiving, which puts it in the last week of November. They've been twinkling merrily out there for nearly a month, now.
3. What's your favourite Christmas song/carol?
"White Christmas". Hands down. It contains a line which I look on as a great blessing: "May your days be merry and bright... and may all your Christmases be white." Sorry, Australians, but that's the way it SHOULD be.
4. What do you like better turkey or ham?
I like both but we usually have turkey at Christmas.
5. Do you open up any Christmas presents on Christmas Eve?
Nope, CHristmas morning.
6. Have you ever been Christmas carolling?
Yeah, once. It was fun!
7. What was your most memorable Christmas gift(s) that you received?
My wedding ring, the one I got married with, was replaced on my first married Christmas with the one I wear now - an eternity band studded with tiny diamonds and rubies. It was certainly the most enduring and the most meaningful Christmas present I have had.
8. What's your favourite Christmas movie?
Two - the animated "Grinch" (which we traditionally watch on Christmas eve) and "It's a Wonderful LIfe" (which is traditionally watched on Christmas Day).
9. Have you ever built a real snowman?
Oh GOD, yeah. Many of them.
10. Have you ever peeked into a present and found out what it was before Christmas?
No, but I often know in advance anyway...
11. What is on the top of your Christmas tree?
Nothing. The ceiling.
12. Do you own a Santa hat?
13. When was the last time you had your picture taken with Santa Claus?
Well my husband looks rather a lot like Santa, so, well, recently, I guess...[grin]
14. Have you started your Christmas shopping yet?
I don't do "Christmas shopping". I accumulate stuff all year for Christmas. I bought the first items slated to be Christmas presents in something like April this year...
15. Do you put candy canes on your Christmas tree?
16. Who is hardest person to buy for?
My Mother, who consistently insists that she doesn't WANT ANYTHING.
17. Who is the easiest person to buy for?
My husband. I always find something that is quirky enough to make him smile on Christmas morning.
18. How old were you when you realized Santa was imaginary?
Santa is imaginary...?
19. What does your morning of Christmas routine consist of?
Getting up, having coffee (that never varies [grin]), then ripping into the boxes under the tree and watching the kattens have a ball with the wrapping paper. Then stuffing the turkey into the oven in preparation for Christmas dinner.
20. Egg nog?
21. What do you want for Christmas this year?
Love and laughter. And time to do stuff. And a way to keep MICE out of my HOUSE (yeah, we had another one last night...)