1) Total number of books owned? I have no clue. Really. It has to be 6 or 7 THOUSAND.
2) The last book I bought? Teh GOlden Spruce (see last entry) and something called "The Catwoman's FIfth Life" - that one's either a sleeper or a disaster, I"m not sure yet. Haven't started reading either of them yet.
3) The last book I read? They're all Chinese history
4) 5 books that mean a lot to me?
1) Guy Gavriel Kay's "Tigana" - one of the most unbelievably powerful books ever written
2) "Captain Corelli's Mandolin" - a beautiful study of what makes people change
3) A tattered signed copy of Roger Zelazny's "Nine Princes in Amber"
4) "The Lord of the Rings" of which I own at least three copies...
5) a book of essays that was previously owned (and annotated to an inch of its life) by my (late) grandfather. If he left behind anything that had belonged to him which is more imbued with the essence of his spirit, I don't know of it.
5) Tag 5 people and have them fill this out on their ljs:
Eh. Pass on that one...