Really, sometimes it's the little things.
A power strip appears to be dead. This is the power strip into which I have been plugging the heater in my office. Did I overload the thing with the heater? Possibly. But now I need to figure out whether it's the power strip (I hope) or the plug... which is behind a heavy computer desk... I don't have a new power strip so will have to get one tomorrow and then I'll have to figure out a way to move the computer desk to get at the plug behind it and I sincerely hope that it isn't the actual PLUG that is the problem because that would mean a visit from the electrician and - oh, just aaargh.
Never mind. I return you to your regularly scheduled entertainments.
UPDATE Turns out half the house was out. Turns out a breaker tripped. Turns out my heater is a power hog. Turns out everything is fine now.
In other news, did you know that my little town is turning into Venice-on-Puget-Sound? What with the melting of that foot and a half of snow that's lying around, and INCESSANT rain, sometimes heavy, over the last two days or so, we're awash. What a winter.