10. You didn’t need to buy a Christmas tree this year as you already had 4 downed trees in your yard to choose from.
9. You have decided to decorate the plywood that is covering your broken windows with extra garland you made from the masses of evergreen branches strewn about in your yard.
8. All your digital clocks are still blinking different times since you no longer want to spend the energy resetting them all just to have to reset them again next week.
7. Your children are getting flashlights in their stockings this year.
6. You can accurately predict when the power will come back because you have figured out a mathematical formula that takes when Puget Sound Energy says the power will come back on and multiplies it by the “REAL TIME” power derivative.
5. You have stocked up on candles for the holidays, but not to create ambiance.
4. You have mastered cooking mashed potatoes on your barbeque.
3. You have used your battery backup to make coffee.
2. You have tinkered with your lawnmower in the hopes of converting it to a generator.
And the #1 way you can tell if you live in the Pacific Northwest…you couldn’t even read this message until a week after you get it as your power is STILL off!
Seriously, though, my friends are all reporting in one by one and everyone's okay and in one piece, although there are STILL people I know in various beleaguered outposts of Seattle who are shivering by candlelight. Maybe by next week even THEY will find this particular list even wanly amusing...